Hole in cast iron sewer pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

SSChris

Reaction score
I have a hole in the cast iron sewer pipe, right where it meets the wall on the inside of my basement wall.

All other sewer-related piping in the house appears to be PVC, the only thing iron is the T/Elbow, and the pipe from there going through the wall.

Is there any way to replace this T/Elbow with PVC or Iron, or do I need to also replace the whole pipe through the wall?

Thanks.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
To make a effective, water tight connection to the piping leading outside you will most likely have to remove the piping that passes through the wall and make a good, tight connection to the existing piping (probably vitrified clay) and come through the wall as plastic. This seals the deal so to speak on not having to worry about the connection leaking ever again, at least not inside. :rolleyes:

SSChris

Reaction score
Thanks - that's what I was thinking, although I was hoping there was some "easier" way. Not looking forward to digging a 4 foot deep trench.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks