Hissing Fluidmaster

Users who are viewing this thread

betme

Reaction score
About 2 weels ago I finally got around to replacing my old leaking fill valve with the Fluidmaster with the leak guard, i didn't install the leak guard though....anyway i had trouble with it from the start but about 4 days ago i thought i had the bugs worked out.....
today i noticed a hissing sound so i took the lid off and there has been a continous low hissing sound all day....
moving the float cup up doesn't stop it, adjusting the water level doesn't stop it.....it's driving me crazy...
it doesn't look like the water level inside the tank is changing......
any ideas? or do i chalk it up to a defective valve......

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to remove the top of the Fluidmaster and check for debris at the seal....

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Neotonic

Reaction score
haha i did check when i installed my brother's new fill valve.. luckly it works great...its wider than the old one..so there is less space...
and i precisely measured the waterlevel xD

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks