High Efficiency Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

rstieber99

Reaction score
In our water district, they are offering a rebate if you install one of the following toilets:
Caroma - Tasman 270
Caroma - Caravelle 270,305
Caroma - Reflections 305
Mansfield - EcoQuantum

In the MAP report, the Mansfield got the highest rating. But I am concerned about noise, since it is pressure assisted. Does anyone have recommendations for or against any of these toilets? Which one will keep the bowl cleanest? How loud is a pressure assist toilet? Which is best from a repair/maintenance perspective?
Thanks for your assistance!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a Mansfield Quantum which is 13 years old. We like it a lot. It is not quiet , so if that is an issue, a pressure assist is not for you. Pressure assist toilets also have special parts
mansfield_pa_tank.jpg

( 3 parts really: the tank, the supply group, and the cartridge.) These parts are much more expensive than a Fluidmaster 400A and a Korky flapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks