Hiding washer standpipe and valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Chinstrap

Reaction score
Hi All

I am rebuilding my basement laundry room. I only have some framing in and so I have a lot of options for constructing still. The setup will be a sink, then a front load washer to the right and then a front load gas dryer. I would like to put a nice quartz counter running along the top of the laundry and possibly a nice backsplash for a modern look

Questions
- how does one hide the standpipe. I see awesome laundry rooms that do this. I know the standpipe has to come up a certain height for codes,etc. but Can this be kept in the wall? How do designers and plumbers do awesome laundry rooms with no visible drains possible?
- I also want to hide the water supply lines.. I plan on running them to beneath the laundry sink and hooking into water faucets there. This way I can shut them off but I don't want them visible in some Oatey box or worse...

Any thoughts on this
Thanks
Bruce

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
as long as the standpipe is above the water level in the washer, it will be long enough, so a 'washer box' under the countertop would work, although I would put it behind the dryer, or in a side wall, because it would have to be moved to access the shutoff valves and front load washers are VERY heavy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks