Hiding cables behind a brick wall

Users who are viewing this thread

funperro

Reaction score
I recently removed some inset shelves from the wall in order to mount a plasma TV. The problem is that I've got cables that I need to conceal, and I'm looking for ideas for a clean way to do it. Normally, I'd just drill into the drywall and run it through the hollow space and have it come back out down below behind the media furniture piece shown in the last pic. In this case, the wall is actually brick. In the first pic, all yellowish painted surfaces are brick covered with a little plaster. So far, the best idea I came up with is to use one of those cable concealers that are about two inches wide... that you mount on the surface of the wall. This would butt up flush against the center lower edge of the wood trim on the bottom of the shelving frame. I'd caulk the edges of and paint over the plastic concealer piece which would be not perfect but OK... but the problem would still be the wires hanging over the ledge in the front. At that point, I'm thinking about drilling straight up into the wood ... or perhaps making a big notch in it that can hold the cables.. then I'd fill in the wood and refinish it. I'd still see an inch of cables in the back... which I could cover with a small piece of the plastic concealer. This seems like a big P-I-T-A. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

finished mount area.jpgside close-up.jpgclose-up.jpgfront.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
what's on the other side? Can you drill a hole through the brick, use the "cable concealer" on that side and then another hole to bring the wires back in?

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
What about adding a pair of pedistals made out of wood on the left and right side that have a small chase for the wires? You could match the design of the shelves and paint it to match.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks