Hi. Newbie here... Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Frog1

Reaction score
Hi to all. Folks call me Frog. I hail originally from Central Massachusetts and have recently relocated to the Grand Strand area of South Carolina. I've been in the Plumbing/Mechanical business for over thirty years but darned if I still don't know everything! Here's my dilemma.
In the Northeast I exclusively used Urell/Wirsbo Pex products with an expansion/sleeve system for my waterpiping and heating needs. In the Southeast, I've discovered that regular Pex tubing with Cinch or Clamps are prevelant. QUESTION.... CINCH OR CLAMPS????? I need to retool and I don't want any regrets. (I'm sure that this has been discussed here before and I don't want to bore anyone... but???? I NEED HELP!)

Frog1

Reaction score
Neither. use wirsbo.

BELIEVE ME!!!!! I am very sad to lose my Wirsbo! Down here they've never even heard of it! I went to a local supply house and they had a funny stare on there face when I asked for Wirsbo.
They use both types of clamping systems here and both are readily available. I was just wondering if anyone had any bad experience's with either type?

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Look around here you'll find stories of the clamps failing. It is mainly in the fittings used that the clamps are cinched down on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks