1. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    My local Home Depot is selling Kinetico, over the counter, DIY and I can't get them to return my phone calls :D

I kid you not. I was in there today looking at pellet stoves and what do I see out of the corner of my eye. A Kinetico softener setup on display. I thought they were only interested in selling to selected distributors? I didn't check into it as to what you do if something is screwed up but knowing HD you would probably be on your own.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

No...you will have to call them,Kinetico,....and have their rep come out with his proprietary parts...

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Retired
    I've not heard of this before with Kinetico but RainSoft has a set up with HD or Lowe's in some areas. Maybe it's a store's choice as to what brand they sell.

Could you tell if it is a sales lead program advertisement thing or outright sale at the store? If it's an in store sale thing, I bet their dealers aren't too happy. Or maybe it's a local dealer selling to the store.

5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    I'll have to check, but it looks like it's outright sales. The equipment was lumped in with the other stuff.

6. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    Ok so here's the update. Went back to the Depot (bought a pellet stove) and sure enough some company out of Manchester is selling it within the store. You fill the sample bottle, send it to them and they send a salesman out.

7. Cass

Cass Plumber

There just using the store for leads...I bet they won't sell you a unit out right to DIY...

8. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    That would be my guess. I wonder how much they pay HD for the privilege?

9. Fitzy

Fitzy New Member

This is how I got started looking into softeners and nuetralizers recently. Someone outside the store was giving a "free water quality analyis". I gave him my name and number and they called the next days saying they had an opening in 2 days. I said sure come on over, my wife will be home, but they insisted both of us be there. I though it was funny since all they were doing was testing my water, but sure enough they tried to sell my a very expensive unit at ~9:30pm (after 2.5 hours of tests and demonstrations). Sooner or later I'll figure out nothing is free...:rolleyes:

Matt