Helpless Homeowner Strikes Again. Water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

cyclone

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to set this thing? It was in the house when we bought it years ago. We used it for awhile, but it seemed to be using waaaaaaaay more salt than it should, so assuming it was set incorrectly, we shut it off. Now we kinda wanna turn in back on, but we have no clue.

Our home has three full time occupants, and our city's water hardness is 240 mg/l.

I have NO idea what to do with these controls, and I can't find a model, manual or even a similar picture on the interwebs.

Attachments

• water.50.jpg
    water.50.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 329

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dam, that would either be an old Lyndsey or an old Sear unit.. think that I seen one like that about 25 years ago.
Now it could be that the pins screw in and would be when it cleans, and if nothing has been done in all the years the resin might
need replacing but it is a matter of time as to when not if the rest of the valve fails or the timer goes out.
I would go with the lyndsey..... an over all photo might help...
As for setting the time? it will be kind a close, but the timer wheel will most likely go only one way take it slow...
Media may not be holding a charge and that is why it is every day.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
So I should call Antiques Roadshow, then. Haha. Thanks for your help!

You may want the Antiques Roadshow to check it out. Is it signed by Sears or Roebuck ?

Those Water Conditioners are worth a lot more than the Water Softeners of today.

Good Luck, I will watch PBS for you and your Gem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks