Help!!! Ikea 1.5" Drain To 1.25"

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevo1670

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new sink and vanity from Ikea, my problem which I am sure is common is that the pipes and p-trap from ikea ar 1.5 inches and my pipe coming out of the wall is 1.25 inches, how do I get the 2 to work. what do I need to get? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
What are you measuring? Drain piping is sized by the inside diameter. 1.25 is not a size that would be used in the wall, but was commonly used for the lavatory trap. The piping in the wall should still be 1.5".
Maybe you are looking at a 1.25 trap adapter. A couple of photos might be helpful.

Reaction score
1-1/2" and 1-1/4" adapters of all flavors are commonly found in any big box store, which are all set up to provide for Ikea plumbing.

Thanks for joining and posting the forums.

With many new members looking for advice and answers, be reminded that good photos and illustrations always invite an audience that can give faster replies that are less generalized and more suited to your exact needs.

Try to provide at least two photos. Include a closeup of the attention area so we can identify fine details, and include one zoomed out so we can see the rest of the room and things nearby, adjacent areas, floors underneath. Use a black marker to write on blue painter's tape or bright colored Post-It's to mark areas of interest, there is no need to modify your photos with fancy text overlays. Use a low resolution setting, as the website can reject images too large. Take as many photos as you can, choose the best ones that are clear.

Do include diagrams for plumbing and supply line projects. A scan or photo of a hand drawn illustration done quick on paper is usually easier for most to create than trying to make one in a computer app. We don't need architect plans, just something simple to help us understand your idea.

Make sure your location is in your member profile, this tells us where you are so other members here with experience in your area may give you specific recommendations that may apply to your seasonal weather conditions and state code.

Edit the subject title of this post to summarize the exact nature of your issue. "Second story toilet is clogged" will attract more readers than "Help I am in desperate trouble!" which more will ignore, possibly leaving your post unanswered.

While waiting for replies, please make some effort and take the opportunity to search these forums extensively, it is likely that many in the past had your similar issue, and you may find solved solutions quicker than the many days it can sometimes take for you to get answers you want.

As you solve your problem to finish, kindly please follow up on this thread you created and update your progress, so future members with your same problem can see that this may also be used to help and inspire.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "trap" 'may be a 1 1/2" bottle trap, while the former sink is connected with 1 1/4". A plumber should be able to make the revision, but a homeowner may NOT have the tools and/or experience to do it.

Jesse Staton

Reaction score
Hi, I have what I believe is the same problem and I don't see an answer in this thread or other threads I have tried searching through.
Ikea sink has special 1.5" tailpiece/p-trap (they call it RINNEN) so there can be usable drawers in a small cabinet.
My 1921 house has a 1.25" waste pipe in the wall.
Is there a ready made fitting to reduce the 1.5" coming down from the sink to the 1.25" waste pipe in the wall?

20200101_145448.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks