Help with water test results.

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Shooter45, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 New Member

Posted this in the Well Water forum and was told I might get a better response here.

We just got our test results back on our well and I have tried pulling a few websites to interpret the results but have not had any luck. Could someone knowledgeable in this area please help with the numbers?
    Bacteria was done on a separate test and came back good at 0/100. The other test is listed below.

Well Water
    EPA 200.7

Arsenic - ND mg/L 0.0100
    Calcium - 2.14 mg/L 5.00
    Copper - 0.00149 mg/L 0.0250
    Hardness - 9.68 mg/L 0.500
    Lead - 0.00544 mg/L 0.0100
    Magnesium - 1.05 mg/L 5.00
    pH 6.59

I have also noticed an orange looking film at the bottom of the toilets which I am guessing is iron? There is no noticeable smell to the water at all.
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Iron staining is orange, but there is nothing about the iron in what you posted in the water test.

What are you looking to do with the water?

The ph could be a challenge if you have copper in the house.

Either calcite to bring the ph up or soda ash injection to bring the ph up to above 7.0
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 New Member

We did fail to get the iron tested in the water test.

The water well is for our newly constructed house so it will be used as drinking water and everyday normal use.
    We do have copper pipes in a slab foundation.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

I would at least do a calcite backwahing system, it will correct the ph and maybe even remove some of the iron that is in the water.
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 New Member

Where is a good online store that sells the calcite filters?