Help with Tub/Shower Remodel Recommendation

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by JimT, Jun 27, 2005.

1. JimT

JimT New Member

See the first response for the actual question.
    Thanks.
    JimT
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  2. JimT

JimT New Member

3. MG

MG New Member

Caulk is cheap - replacing stuff because you didn't caulk isn't.
  4. bbellabird

bbellabird New Member

As a former Home Depot employee, I can tell you to stay away from the Sterling kits. The walls are very thin and break easily. Mustee(?) something that the name ended in an "ee" was what the remodeling contractors recommeded alot. Its not packaged pretty and doesn't have alot of selection of styles but the walls are much thicker. We very rarely got it back as a return. It's also priced cheaper.
  5. jdkimes

jdkimes Engineer

I bought a Lasco brand, special order from Home Depot. It seems ok, but not what I'd call cheap $-wise. It was a 2-piece shower. I definitely caulked in between the two pieces. Make sure that support media like sand/cement mix is piled underneath the unit.
    After all was said and done, I wish I'd installed a tile shower. If you're a DIY'er and since you're retired you have lots of time ;) , consider it. Tiling is pretty inexpensive and if you take your time and spend some time at Johnbridge.com you can have a fantastic shower that is significantly better than fiberglass.