Help with Toto Drake

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by msyank, Mar 12, 2008.

1. msyank

msyank New Member

We recently purchased a Toto Drake toilet (which we love) - however I'm wondering if there is a leak, or if it's working properly. My husband installed it - and when we flush it, it fills quickly, no water leaks out, everything appears to be working properly. However, when you have the cover off of the tank and you flush it, you hear a little trickle and if you look closely, you can see a little bit of water running down the black tall thing on the left side of the inside tank (underneath the blue G-Max cap). My husband removed the blue cap and said it is a siphon, so it's made to trickle over like that, but I am hoping someone on here can tell me whether or not that should happen. I don't think it should, but he seems to think it's fine. If we need to have it fixed, I want to have it done right away (while under warranty) before it leads to other problems. Thanks!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If it leaks for a bit while refilling, then that's the antisiphon.
    They always let some water out while the tank is filling.
    It should stop after a bit.