Help with toilet flange installation

Users who are viewing this thread

KJ_CA

Reaction score
Hello,

I am finishing my basement bathroom. The toilet drain had a lead sleeve like this one http://www.rona.ca/images/04825001_L.jpg (it was a 4 x 3 x 12). My buddy and I have never worked with these so I removed it to have access to the PVC pipe. The end of the sleeve was bent over the 2 inch plastic at the bottom part. I am attaching a drawing that helpfully shows that setup.

So, after removing the lead sleeve including the small part bent under the plastic ring, I am left with a 2 inch x 3 inch plastic that seems to be glued to the top of the closet bend. My questions are :
Is it really/usually glued? (I can't tell unless I remove the concrete around, but if I can avoid it...)
Can I use it to attach the toilet flange? I am thinking of using the Twist 'n set type as it seems to fit perfectly height wise?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you

KJ

20170422_112635.jpg 20170421_211238.jpg 20170421_211313.jpg

KJ_CA

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. Do you think it's safe to use the plastic ring that remains from the lead sleeve to attach the flange?

MP_MKZ

Reaction score
This is way I did on my cracked flange. Sioux chief from HD. Make sure putty goes under it and you can put some clear silicone around the space of flange and ring. Use stainless screws or concrete screws (I think they are called tap con)

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 315
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks