Help with reinstalling Universal Fill Valve in Aquia 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Kirk wall

Reaction score
Hi,

Following some renos our old Universal Fill Valve has somehow snapped off at the base of our Aquia 2, which is fitted very close to both rear and side walls, requiring replacement. I have the parts but can see no way to loosen either the water supply or the nut that secures the threaded fill valve vase to the toilet tank, given the shrouding around this part of the base.

Is there any way to fix this, short of removing the tank from the base? I remember this being far easier with our previous toilets.

many thanks in advance for any advice -- this site has been a godsend in our ongoing reno projects!

best,

k

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
If I am looking at the correct Aquia II toilet, I would take the toilet up from the floor, move it out and replace the fill valve. A lot easier than removing the tank from the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks