Help with Price Pfister valve knob to handle conversion

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by prosper, Jun 2, 2013.

1. prosper

prosper New Member

I'm trying to change from this knob

DSC03850.jpg

to this handle

DSC03851.jpg

I just swapped the knob for the handle and didn't change any of the internal hardware. However, I'd like to have the handle pivot like a lever so I can just pull on the bottom of the handle as opposed to having to pull out the entire handle to turn the water on. Is this possible?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

No.

You haven't changed the valve, so of course that is going to work the same as it always has.

What you have is a Price Pfister valve.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

handle

No. the two operations require entirely different hardware and few modern valves operate by pulling up on the bottom of the handle anyway.
  4. prosper

prosper New Member

Both the knob and handle are Price Pfister. Can this be done? Thanks!
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The handle has nothing to do with how the internals work...so, just changing handles has nothing to do with how the valve works.