Help with pressure

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Phillip Gill, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

I have just replaced every part on my well and it will not pressure up past 40 psi and when I opened the water faucets it drops to 10 and it won't keep up. I seriously have replaced every part. The tank. The jet pump the pipe the foot valve. The jet assembly at the bottom. The well head. S well headAbsolutely everything except the casing. Im Stumped as what it can be. What am I overlooking
  2. Smooky

Smooky Member

3. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

Yes I replaced that as well. Is there a particular way to run the lines. The way it is now I have the output line coming out of the pump to a T with a faucet I cat prime the pump with and it goes from there to another T that goes to the supply lines and into the tank on the other side or the supply line.
  4. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

The tank is past the supply line T about 12 inches
  5. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

It sounds like a plugged jet. Maybe you got crud in it when you disturbed the well. With a plugged jet, all you have left is an impeller pump.
  6. craigpump

craigpump Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds like a plugged jet. They make a funnel shaped screen that goes in the jet assy to keep the crap out of the jet. I always put them in.

Unfortunately you have to pull the lines out to clear the jet...
  7. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

I'll give it a look. I'm about to pull my hair out on this one.
  8. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

Thank you for the information I will post what I find.
  9. Phillip Gill

Phillip Gill New Member

Thanks I will give it a shot
  10. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

Yep, the 1/4" nozzle in the jet assembly is plugged with trash. Pumps don't build pressure the jet does.