Help with plumbing a MrSteam unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Background: I am installing a MrSteam unit in a partially finished basement on a concrete slab. I've finished framing the steam room and a closet next to the steam room for the steam unit. The steam room has a rough-in shower drain but there is no other drain nearby that can be used.

Status: I have connected an existing water line to the steam unit intake. And I have run the steam line from the steam unit into the steam room. But I am not sure what to do about the steam unit drain line or the steam unit safety valve.

Questions:

1) Can I just plumb the drain line to empty into the steam room near the shower drain as well as run a line from the safety valve to the steam room drain? If so, any venting requirements for the 10 foot run or is gravity sufficient (having the unit higher than the drain)?

2) If I were to install a new drain under the steam unit by digging up the concrete, should I connect the new drain to the shower drain and if so, what venting would I need. The closest vent stack is some 15 feet away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks