Help with older American Standard Toilet - where to attach refill tube on overflow?

Users who are viewing this thread

basin_wrench

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ran into a problem tonight with an older American Standard toilet. The refill tube had come loose and water from the spout on the refill valve was spraying everywhere inside the tank, dripping out onto the floor. I shut off the water, flushed the tank, then couldn't figure out how to attach the refill tube to the overflow pipe. I snapped some terrible pics and wrote down any pertinent info/numbers.

The tank is 5 4043 88. The (interesting) flapper design which went over the overflow pipe had a disc shaped cap design stamped with N-3055. And the float was stamped with CRN-2204.

I had no trouble sliding the refill tube back onto the spout on the refill valve. But the other end of the refill tube is inserted into a plastic clip which I had no idea how to put onto the overflow pipe. If I clipped the refill tube to the disc shaped cap, it hindered the vertical movement of the flapper.

For the moment, I've just let the refill tube dangle free as in the picture.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7986 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7986 (Medium).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_7988 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7988 (Medium).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_7990 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7990 (Medium).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 863
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks