Help with my basement drain rough in layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason27

Reaction score
Hi All, DIYer here looking to get feedback that I am on the right track before I break open the concrete for a shower, toilet and vanity draining to an ejector pit. I put together the attached image showing my suggested layout. You can tell me if there's anything wrong, plus I have the following questions:

1. I only have 1 vent now. Do I need to add a vent off the vanity or is this the correct way for a wet vent? If so, can I go straight across against the wall below the electrical box and connect up to the vent I'm planning? The box bottom is 40" so I believe that's too low. I could also go over at an upward angle if need be, not sure if that helps.

2.Is the 3-3-2 Wye for the vent good? I wasn't sure if there was a T that I could use instead. I know I cant use a sanitary tee on its back.

BathroomLayout.jpg

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The shower is NOT vented, and the vent near the ejector pit does not appear to have ANY function. How does the lav vent tie back the rest of the vents?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The vent for the shower can come off the 2" ine for the lav, not the toilet.
Or I should say, the trap arm for the shower wye's off from the lav line, not the toilet. Venting takes place before it hits a line swept by a toilet.
The vanity will need to be vented though.
Right now, nothing is vented.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You might want to check with your local plumbing code/inspector, as others here have said that in Chicago PVC is not approved for use below grade. I know for sure that was true a few years ago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks