help with identifying plastic stem

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by gallery2000, May 23, 2013.

1. gallery2000

gallery2000 New Member

Hi,

I have this valve in place and need to buy a trim and handle, but I do not see them at Home Depot. Please help me identify the manufacture in this picture. Thank you! IMAG0110.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Almost no way to tell without seeing the actual cartridge the stem is attached to unless someone recognizes the lock nut design.
  3. gallery2000

gallery2000 New Member

I am missing a rim and handle. Do you have a suggestion which one I should buy to fit into that stem? Thanks!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Stems AND handles are "brand specific" so you have to know at least the make, and sometimes the model, to get ANY parts for it.