Help with I.D. of this shower faucet, for parts?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by michaelheerwald, Aug 9, 2010.

1. michaelheerwald

michaelheerwald New Member

Can anyone tell me what I am looking for or how to go about finding parts for this faucet? It is on an exterior wall or I would just replace the whole darn thing! If I need to provide more info let me know. I looked at Lowes and the "plumbing expert" said I was going to have to replace the whole thing" can anyone help me? I would like to get both stems and handles with collars.

Attached Files:

2. asktom

asktom Member

The handle has rather the look of a Harcraft. A picture of the stem next to a ruler would be much more helpful than pictures of the trim, however.
  3. michaelheerwald

I will take it back out and get a picture this evening!
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

99.99% sure it is Harcraft.
  5. michaelheerwald

It is a Harcraft, thanks for the help. I found the stems that fit but am still trying to track down the trim pieces. Any Ideas where to start, the book that I found the stems in did not have the correct trim. I would like to get the knobs and collars if possible I mangled the collars removing them and might as well replace the knobs as well. If anyone has any ideas where to find them let me know! Thanks again for the help!

Is collar the correct term?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. asktom

asktom Member

Escutheon, or less formally, flange.

If it is the one I am thinking of the OEM # is 7172, but since Harcraft is lonf gone that is only for reference. The Larsen supply number for the same thing is 03-1667. Partsmaster is 6822. I don't see that Danco/Plumbmaster have it.