Help with HWH COntrols

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Greatwhitewing, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Greatwhitewing

Greatwhitewing New Member

I have this Honeywell control for indirect my HWH. I want to raise the temp but I can't read where I line up the numbers to. This is partly poor lighting, partly old eyes and partly poor access. It's tucked away a bit behind the boiler and can't see the other side.

Can I loosen that screw in the back and slide it out to see better?

Does anyone have any diagrams or better pictures so I can understand what I am looking at.

I already talked to my installer and this is his suggestion. Trying to save him a trip out if possible.

[​IMG]
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There is likely a part number on the cover. If you go to the Honeywell website, you will likely be able to find the installation/instruction manual for that control.
  3. Greatwhitewing

Greatwhitewing New Member

L 400080B But I couldn't find anything on the web. That's from the installer
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Do you have the cover? Does it say anything on it? I don't think you'd break anything by loosening it, but there may be a bourbon tube (sp?) to a sensor, and that can be kinked and rendered useless if you're not careful. It looks like that dial is marked in degrees, but can't see the indicator to identify where it is actually set. It looks like the numbers on the upper left are higher than those on the lower left, so turning it counter-clockwise would raise the temp...you really need the instructions or to take it off to see what's going on, as everything else is a guess. Depending on the type of sensor, moving it could be problematic. Someone who deals with these things and knows that particular one may show up...until then, that part number didn't bring any hits up on the Honeywell website, so it may or may not be correct, or it's not a Honeywell product at all!