Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli, HELP With GS CONTACT INFO Gruopo?

Users who are viewing this thread

parrishnut

Reaction score
Bought a fancy Shower fixture a few years back, made by GS Groupo ???
Now I need to order a new cartridge and temperature limit stop and don't know the phone number.. I think they were in Ca?
Anyone have info.. I have posted pictures:

gsshowerfixture.jpg
gscartridge.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not a plumber, so the fact that I have never heard of this brand should not be a huge surprise. I did a Google search on the name "GS Groupo" and got nothing. I will venture a guess that this is something from China and is no longer in business. My best advice, take it or leave it, is to change to a Delta. Delta parts are always available. Buy for a real plumbing shop, not a discount place as the discounters have inferior models. You'll pay a little more, but get a better product. Should not be too difficult to change over, most of the Delta valve is inside the wall and the one you have is mostly outside. This means there won't be a hole in the wall to plug. The Delta is a much more attractive fixture as well.

parrishnut

Reaction score
Sorry Guy,
This is a high end Italian fixture, not a china knockoff.. It was over $1500 new a few years ago...
Nice plug on buying US, but I have to disagree on Delta.. Inferior style...as compared to others little style
p.s. my other fixtures are Barber Wilson, and over $3000 each.. so I don't buy cheap knockoffs.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, you have $4500 worth of fixtures that don't work and you can't get parts. Now how do you like that stuff??

parrishnut

Reaction score
Nice attitude.. all I asked for was help with a name not a political commentary and insults!!! Nice Work Guys..
So lets ask again.. anyone know who makes GS fixtures

parrishnut

Reaction score
One More Comment If Jimbo is a Moderator, this site needs serious help with comments like that. I could imagine if he was just an average Jimbo!!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is retro 1920's, and you paid a lot extra for the look. Try a Sepco valve cartridge. YOu will have to do an Internet search for it. You do NOT have a "high end Italian valve". You have an "Expensive" Italian valve and the two things do not necessarily go together. There are $1,500.00 American made faucets which are fancy trim using Price Pfister, Central, and Gerber, (among others), bodies.

Last edited:

parrishnut

Reaction score
ok so I changed my google search and found it here:
http://www.shopwiki.com/Gs-North-America:-Exposed-Thermo.-Mixers---1511-0
the $1500 Exposed Thermostatic shower fixture is now $2194...
Guess "CRAP" is expensive these days.. or rather those who can't afford it.. think it is..
In any case I would like to thanks both Hj and cwhyu2 classy people who took the time to offer valuable info and not waste peoples time with mindless opinions on who makes what..
Thanks folks for all the help I am sure I will get my part now, and enjoy my $2194 dollar fixture, that pumps out about 10 gallons a minute and has given me 10 years of fab showers and now after 10 years I need a small part.. Sound pretty reliable and worth it to me!!!

parrishnut

Reaction score
WHO IS GS???? Better then Delta "YOU BE THE JUDGE"

Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli was founded in 1906, the year in which its founder started a small artisan production of shovels, picks and agricultural tools in Lumezzane. Production continued throughout the years leading up to the Second World War, when the company was compelled to convert its production to making detonating fuses and items for war weapons, and a new plant was built in 1942 (the present legal head office) employing about 300 workers.

At the end of World War II, the company once more had to face the difficult process of reconverting and around 1946 the production of valves and gate valves for regulating the flow of liquids was started. Towards the end of the forties, GS extended its range of products to include taps and fittings becoming in this way unique among the over 400 companies in this sector in Italy.

GS is, in fact, even today the only company capable of producing at the same time a vast range of taps and fittings and valves.

In 1970, GS became a joint stock company and this period saw the start and rapid growth of exports to various European countries, to the United States and the Middle East. In 1975, in order to increase production capacity and to improve logistics a new plant was opened about 10 km from Lumezzane which houses the main production processes.

Manufacturing from two plants and having a total covered area of 20,000 sq.m. Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli is, at present, the Italian company with the widest range of taps and valves for water, gas and steam purposes.

By studying and designing its products in its modernly equipped laboratory, the company creates and experiments new solutions in compliance with the most important European standards.

With an eye to continual expansion, the company exports at present more than 60% of its production.

Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli spa enjoys the highest qualifications. Our quality system has been certified to be in accordance with ISO 9001 as of 2000 to replace ISO 9002 acquired in 1994. Other International certifications include Advantica (formerly British Gas) and CSA.

GS was among the first Italian manufacturers in the sanitary taps, single lever mixers and valves to receive this certificate; a clear confirmation of the achievement of an important objective: "certified quality" in all the activities, sectors and departments of the company; a guarantee of reliability throughout all its organization.

This certification means absolute respect of all the severe standards established at an international level by IQNET (to which ICIM adheres), based on managerial criteria for company activities, which are very selective and advanced.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We look forward to hearing where you find parts and how much they cost. The good major US brands do provide lifetime warranty parts to original owner.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Guess "CRAP" is expensive these days.. or rather those who can't afford it.. think it is..

Crap, and quality, are often in the eyes of the beholder. If YOU think this is a "high end Italian faucet" and was worth $1500.00, and YOU are happy with it, congratulaltions. If WE think it was a waste of $1500.00, that is also our privilege. As I previously stated, you probably paid $1500.00 for fancy chrome attachments to an "ordinary" faucet. One thing I can be pretty sure of is that if it is a "SEPCO" brand cartridge in a GS faucet, the part will be a lot cheaper from Sepco.

parrishnut

Reaction score
The end to the story ---

I can order a new Cartridge for $185... or as the rep suggested... just soak the cartridge I have in CLR for 2 hrs to get gunk out of cartridge and it's FREE...
I chose a new cartridge....$185 for 10 years of use of fab showers sounds good to me!!!
Yes I love my GS ...
All is well that ends well. again folks thanks for all the help. I highly recommend this faucet...Love the fact that if the body ever needs repair you never have to break walls as with in the wall units...
p.s. I also do have a delta shower faucet with body sprays in another bath that dribles water and I hate it, and I have 2 Barber Wilson faucets in two other baths...
Rating them all the Barber Wilsons are the best...Just a decorator renovators opinion...who does high end renos. Yes this is not for everyone, but once you have these types of shower fixtures you get spoiled.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'd trust an Italian faucet as much as I'd trust an American car.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Love the fact that if the body ever needs repair you never have to break walls as with in the wall units...

Bodies only need repair if they have been abused, and most valves can be replaced for a lot less than the $2,000.00 your replacement valve would cost, AND it would cost just as much to change makes and models whereas, you would have to use the same model to avoid changing piping.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I'd trust an Italian faucet as much as I'd trust an American car.

How many cars have been made in Ireland, and how long did their production last?

butch1

Reaction score
I have the same exact faucet and love it. http://www.gsnorthamerica.com/Products.ht

Bought a fancy Shower fixture a few years back, made by GS Groupo ???
Now I need to order a new cartridge and temperature limit stop and don't know the phone number.. I think they were in Ca?
Anyone have info.. I have posted pictures:

I have the same faucet and have been using it for over 11 years now. I am renovating another bathroom and want to use the same fixture. I located the rep, who's name is Raymond in California. His number is (858) 229-0297 and his email is GSFAUCETS@AOL.COM. Gnutti Sebastiano is in the process of being taken over by another company, but they are still manufacturing these fixtures. He did say that if you have hard water like we do the cartridge can get guncked up with stuff and you can remove it and clean it with Lime Away. It worked great. We are thrilled with our GS external shower faucet with hand held and the price is quite reasonable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks