Help with Dornbracht Domix kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

thatbobguy

Reaction score
I have the faucet 33.810.195.09 pictured in the attached domix.jpg.

I need to figure out how to replace the cartridge

The online vendors tell me they can't cross-reference the faucet # with a suitable cartridge (makes ya wonder why mfrs even use product numbers!)- so I must yank it out and compare to a pic, or send 'em a jpg.

In the second jpg, the handle is off, revealing a top cap with the cartridge stem protruding - how do I get that cap off?

It doesn't seem to unscrew or pry off readily, but after almost 20 yrs that's not too surprising!

Anybody ever take one of these apart? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• domix.jpg
    domix.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 630
  • domix2.jpg
    domix2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 631

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
it is corroded enough...just replace the whole faucet...it will be much easier

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You need a manufacturer's exploded diagram to find part numbers. Don't know if you can find that online for that brand.

I am curious about what looks like a setscrew at the bottom rear of the spout. Could it be you take that pin out and lift off the spout for access to cartridge?

thatbobguy

Reaction score
it is corroded enough...just replace the whole faucet...it will be much easier

Actually, that's just surface water deposits from the leaking cart. - the finish is still intact and cleans up great.

And just TRY to find a contemp. polished brass faucet that fits that single hole for about 100 bucks! I'm selling this house within 2 yrs so I need to go cheap.

thatbobguy

Reaction score
You need a manufacturer's exploded diagram to find part numbers. Don't know if you can find that online for that brand.

I am curious about what looks like a setscrew at the bottom rear of the spout. Could it be you take that pin out and lift off the spout for access to cartridge?

Tried mfr's site and contacted them - no luck so far.

First thing I tried was removing that allen screw, but the spout body wouldn't budge - so I figured maybe the top cap need to come off first - but I'm just guessing.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
My advice on your faucet......

Tried mfr's site and contacted them - no luck so far.

First thing I tried was removing that allen screw, but the spout body wouldn't budge - so I figured maybe the top cap need to come off first - but I'm just guessing.

first you go to Lowes and get a sawzall and buy a couple of
bi-metal steel cutting blades....

then you take some duct tape and tape around the base of the faucet on the enamel...

then you take and cut that faucet off at the base and throw it away......

be sure to shut the water off first....

then install a Delta faucet with a pull out sprayer and make your wife happy...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
corrosion

I KNOW what it is, but I also know that it is what usually bonds the entire faucet together so it does not come apart. Delta faucets do the same thing.

thatbobguy

Reaction score
I KNOW what it is, but I also know that it is what usually bonds the entire faucet together so it does not come apart. Delta faucets do the same thing.

Sounds like everybody's saying it just ain't coming apart e-v-e-r, so I gotta buy a new one and get out my basin wrench and sawzall.

Now if only all the mfrs hadn't discontinued polished brass...

jfarnold

Apprentice Plumber
Reaction score
I guess you can't say the name of that large company that people auction stuff online through but I'd suggest looking there or some reStore or something like that. I'm sure there are cheaper ones just look.

Last edited:

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
I have an italian faucet that I recently had to get into.The top piece of mine unscrewed with the help of some channies.Carefully give that a try and things might become clear.
(Or marred up!) Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks