Help with Culligan Silver Series

Users who are viewing this thread

yeomanflood

Reaction score
Hello. I purchased a home that came with a Culligan Silver Series softener - I think it's about 10 years old since the home is about that old. I'm not partial to Culligan myself...but it was working fine for the last year. We lost power the other day, but I know that Culligan has a capacitor or something that enables it to remain on for 24 hours - we don't lose power for 24 hours ever.
So the other day I checked my salt and it was surprisingly pretty low. Well, I noticed it was turning on every night. The panel has the word "Regen" on permanently - it blinks when it's in regeneration mode.
I double checked the settings and it looks all relatively standard to me, having looked at the Culligan manuals online in the programming sections. Previously, I think it used to regenerate maybe every 3-4 days or so since we don't use that much water usually.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it's stuck in lit "regen" mode - but actually regenerating every night at the preset time of 2AM, and doing this every day?

Thanks a lot in advance. I loathe the idea of having to call Culligan.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the need of the programing manual that culligan has.
I have a pdf of that and if you are good with computers then the book will work for you.
Send a pm with an email and I can send it to you.

Rjh2o

Reaction score
They NEVER keep the programming! It always resets to factory settings and if a power surge happened it may have fried the board sending a signal to constantly regenerate particularly if there was a signal to regen that evening.
Unplug it for 2 minutes, plug back in and set hardness according to your water chemistry. If that does not work you need a new board.
RJ

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks