Help with Culligan Gold Series Metered 9" WS float

Users who are viewing this thread

coriolis2k

Reaction score
2-14-2013 6-45-56 PM.jpgSo, first off this site has been crazy useful in determining my original problem and providing the info required to fix.
Now I am stuck. The problem was origenally that my system was not using salt nor providing soft water. I pulled the unit apart and found that it was not pulling from the brine tank......no suction. After searching some threads here I found the answer to be purchasing a main seal replacement kit and that took care of the suction issue. Now it does not seem to push water back into the brine tank after pulling it out for the wash. I did take the float assembly appart and think I may have put it back together incorrectly.
I "borrowed" these images from another website, as they show exactly what I have. My question is this:
Does the picture represent the correct placement of the plastic ball? It shows the 3 legged "table" with the legs going down into the black plastic housing, then the little plastic ball, then the upside down "golf tee" resting on top of the plastic ball. Is that correct?

Thanks

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just took one apart that was part of a trade in.
The ball goes in first , then the little table with the legs up and then the plunger.
At least that was the way the one that I took apart was.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks