Help with concrete underground cistern

Users who are viewing this thread

grover

Reaction score
I have a new concrete cistern buried with the lid just above ground level. It has an access lid and a threaded fitting about 2 ft down from the top of the cistern. I assume this fitting is where the water supply is plumbed out of the cistern. I have about 8 ft lift from the cistern to the place I'm putting the pressure tank. It has about 25-30 ft to travel from the cistern to the house. I think either a jet pump or a submersible pump will work. Anyone that can help me with what I need to buy and how to set this thing up will be appreciated. This is a small part time useage house. One bath with a shower, sink, and toilet. Kitchen sink, no dishwasher now but may be in the future. The same with a washing machine, none now but may be one in the future. From what I've figured a 7 gpm pump will do, maybe a 10 gpm but that may be overkill for this use.

Help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks