Help with changing Price Phister knob to Moen lever tub handle

Users who are viewing this thread

prosper

Reaction score
I'm trying to change my bath tub handle from a Moen knob to a Moen lever but have a problem. The posi-temp adapter that came with the lever kit does not fit onto the cartridge. I'm used to a brass or metal piece that the adapter screws into but the one that is currently attached is plastic and a different shape than I've seen before. See pictures. The bottom 2 pics are the posi-temp adapters that came with the new lever handle. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks!

DSC03749.jpgView attachment 20263DSC03752.jpgDSC03753.jpgDSC03754.jpgDSC03755.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I believe you have a Price Phister cartridge there.

It's not a Moen cartridge in the wall.

attachment.php

Price Phister Avante valve

You need something that fits your PP Avante valve.

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Moen Posi-Temp

Last edited:

prosper

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can I change out just the cartridge or do I have to change the entire Avante valve to the Moen Posi-Temp to make it work? Sound like it might be easier to just get a Price Phister knob.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
qutoe; Sound like it might be easier to just get a Price Phister knob.

That is the ONLY way you are going to do it without changing the entire valve inside the wall. And, it would be the same no matter which brand you chose if it was NOT Pfister.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks