Help with blocked toilet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Limsan

Reaction score
A piece of plexiglas tube about 2"x2" was flushed and appears to have become lodged in the ceramic part of the toilet pipe (rather than further down) I know this as my husband has taken the toilet right off and looked down the main large pipe that goes under the house-nothing. Also,there is a small amount of water left in the bowl that doesn't go anywhere. When the toilet is flushed the water rises up to the top and very slowly goes down.nothing else but water can escape hence our supposition regarding the glass tube turning sideways and blocking. My husband is getting very frustrated and I fear for our toilets life. He has tried his non-professional snake(useless) a screwdriver,his hand....we really need some helpful advice.Surely,we are not the only family who has had this problem???....Any advice?

JOD788

Reaction score
If you were able to snake through the trap in the toilet, I would think you would feel an object that size catching on the end of the snake. It could be lodged farther down the sewer pipe a little farther than your husband can see. You can try to snake down the sewer line with whatever you have. Otherwise, it sounds like you're only other option is a professional.

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
Can you turn the toilet upside down and try flushing it out with a garden hose in the horn? you just have to be careful not to break the tank while turning it over.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You also might want to try a closet auger. May have to work from the bottom. Removing the tank would be an option to prevent breaking and making the bowl easier to handle. Doubt of washing it out with a hose will work as it sounds like it's pretty well wedged. Won't hurt to try the hose, but try using it like a snake.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You are going to pull the toilet, take it outside and see if you can shake it out from whence it came.
If it isn't wedged in there, it may come out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks