Help with basement drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Lenkner

Reaction score
I have a drain like opening in my basement floor. We just purchased a home that was built in the late 40's the basement seems dry we have lived in the home for about two months now and have had above normal rains we have experianced no water leakage or sweating of any kind. This drain like opening is covered with a small grate the opening under the grate is apx 2' the opening it self is cylindrical apx 24" wide by 32" Deep with what looks like pea gravel on the bottom. I do not see any other pipes, or drains entering or exiting the system. I tried to take pics of the inside however my camera is not the greatest. I just want to identify what its function is. I would like to finish the basement this winter and dont want to seal it off if it plays a role in the drainage of the house. Thank you in advance. Sorry for the crapy pic

Attachments

• IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 129
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks