help with a wll and issue's

Users who are viewing this thread

mrbb

Reaction score
Ok I am looking for some help, I am both new to this site, and not so smart about well's

I bought an older mobile home a few yrs back (about 12 yrs now)to use as a hunting camp
mobile home was set up on site in the late 60's, early 70's
history I know of or think I do, is the well went dry a few tinmes, and every time they just went deeper, to, NOW I think its at about 800ft
have had the place for about 10 yrs now
and very 4 yrs or so, the water heater would rust out on me, and rupture
I don't be at the place all the time, so a twice it caused damage whe it leaked all over
so I been replacing a water heater every 3 yrs since
I have never had any issue's with rusty water or water quality or pressure or any real issue's I noticed
NOW last 2 yrs I have been getting a blocked screen on my clothes washer, that once a yr I had to clean the screen due to small metal particles
never thought much about it, just blamed it on , lack of use, as it sits for a few weeks at a time

SO< then the past few weeks, when ever the water is used in the tube, I am gettinga ton of metal flakes coiming out ,
which has me wondering what is going on?

SO, my question for folks that know more than me
what and where can these metal flakes be coming from
would it be from my pressure tank, as I have NO idea on how old it is
and if so, any idea on what it costs to have one replaced, if that's the problem

and last
if its not that would /could it be the metal in the well, that is the issue
I tend to think metal in a well would sink to the bottom, but again, I just don't know much about wells or there systems
and I also now fgure this hs been going on for a whiel maybe, and its this rusty metal that is killing my water heaters so fast, as it settled I guess on the bottom and thus causes it to rust out
could this be right, just a guess on my part
and thankls for any help
much appreciate it and sorry on the long post!

mrbb

Reaction score
thanks, I had one done a few yrs back, and it was good then
but to be honest, I never drank the water there, had always brought water in, and have a 5 gallon water cooler we use for water
other than recently finding metal particles in the water coming out of tub faucet, and the few in the screen at the water inlets on the washing machine
not really all that worried about water quality
just more or less worried about if its the well pipe or metal from the holding tank, that is the flakes I am finding?

Reach4

Reaction score
1. What do the metal flakes you are seeing look like? Your description is unusual. Are the pieces attracted to a magnet?

2. The water test that cacher_chick suggested would have several numbers in the result. It is not pass-fail.

mrbb

Reaction score
The water test I had done was done by Penns Labs, in Hazleton Pa
and all they said was that my water was fine? Didn't get any report with any mumbers on it so??
and as for the metal flakes, yes they do stick to a magnet, and are in all different sizes and shapes
some are vvery fine, some bigger, some flat, some more round
like lets say if you had a very rusty piece of metal and you shook the rusty pieces free, all different sizes
they have rusty color, to a gray ish color,some almost black too?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks