Help with a leaking shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob v

Reaction score
I installed a Grohe Shower valve into a GrohFlex valve box.

This is a pressure balance valve with a select lever which you turn left or right to select between top shower head or hand shower wand.

After installing the valve and turning the water on I get a few water drips between the select lever and the water on/off lever. It only happens when turning the water on. The dripping does not happen when the water is turned off. There is no leaking where the valve slips into the valve box.

Does this mean the valve is defective ? Should I remove this from the valve box and put more o-ring lubricant and re-install?

Looking for suggestions.

SWong

Reaction score
Hello Rob v !
Like yourself I also have a Grohflex (model 19822 thermostatic variety) which I installed as part of a basement bathroom renovation exactly 6 months ago. Last few weeks I've also noticed slight drops from the shower head each morning into the tub drain which alarms me greatly as I thought a Grohe fixture would be problem-free for at least 10 years (hopefully more!). I've finally received a complete replacement thermostatic control module from Grohe which is commendable however my concern is a drip has manifested itself after just 6 months of shower use which simply should not be. Exacerbating matters is the fact I also installed a Grohe Seabury tub spout (built-in diverter type)at considerable cost which sprays water when water is diverted over to the shower head. I've completed my due diligence prior to the Grohe purchase and chose Grohe simply because of family recommendations, the stylishness of the fixture, a perceived thought this German engineered fixture spoke for itself, but more importantly the design of the Grohe 35-026 rough-out box. I can swap out the complete spare thermostatic control module to hopefully resolve these drops of water but what is to say this will NOT reoccur? This bathroom renovation was not inexpensive and my concern is maybe I should have went with Moen or Delta and saved at least $1k if all these showers valves "all" leak.
DSC00203.JPG
DSC00208.JPG
DSC00103.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks