Help - what is this pipe coming through the foundation?

Users who are viewing this thread

TwinsFan

Reaction score
Hello, I came across this forum because I have a problem. We are currently having a bit of a heavy rain and I heard water running from behind my furnace. I'm posting this here because of the location of my problem but if this is the wrong forum, I apologize. The source of the leak is pipe that is a little less than an inch in diameter coming through the foundation right under my furnace vent. I had never noticed it before but water is coming in pretty good. Does anyone have any idea what this is? And how I might fix the problem?

Photo Jun 15, 3 43 19 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 15, 3 44 00 PM.jpg

TwinsFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I guess it's the chimney. It's the exterior of the basement but the trap door deal where they used to let the ash drop from the fireplace is right below where the picture ends. Fireplace is directly above on the main floor. My hot water heater and furnace vent out right above the leak.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Without some investigation I could only guess that someone installed the pipe to prevent rainwater from accumulating in the chimney.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks