HELP! Underwater and over my head. Supply main leak

Users who are viewing this thread

NurseDoe

Reaction score
Oh Gary! At this point, I just want WATER. The last plumber took the money and ran. I don't have 5 grand that the good guys want and probably deserve. I just thought PEX would be easier because of the long rolls. I was initially wanting to be as "green" as possible but right now I am frustrated and tired. I just had the water company out AGAIN. I just asked him where the main leads off the meter to my house...They only marked a line across the easement from my house running parallel to the property. He said it was my problem and that it could lead to my property anywhere along those 100 feet. Dug around the meter...Found a thick black pipe that seems to making some sort or arc in the first 3 feet from the meter. I am just trying to find about where it is so I don't break it when digging the trench. We can turn the water on now for 30 minutes to flush toilets and shower in the mornings.

I asked the water company what size pipe I need. He said whatever I want to use and it is not his problem. ( Smile) I asked what size the meter pipe is and he said.."Maybe 3/4 inch..probably". I asked if I should use one or 1.5 and the little darling said it doesn't matter. He said he has 1 inch PVC and it is okay. I asked if 300 foot is too far for that size...he doesn't know. He doesn't know anything about PEX. So, water company guy...not so helpful.

I tried to read up on the pressure and loss etc online, but it really is more complicated than I can I figure out when I am so cranky. The two A+ rated plumbers came out and looked at it Saturday, but still have not called with estimates other than closer to 5-8 grand. In the meanwhile, we are just trying to dig a trench for the new pipe. I have three strong nephews on their up here from Orange County to help. Wish us luck.

There is a pressure regulator right before the house in the middle of the patio. I think that is what you mean. I have not heard of the separate irrigation stop and waste valve or a back flow prevention device. I now want to gag thinking about it. I have no idea what the previous plan was...I just know where ever we dig...we run into black thick pipe running in every possible direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks