Help understanding how Kineticos work

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
It is a two resin tank non-electric setup. Water was coming out of the overflow.

I pulled the float and it seems to be sticking. It wasn't shutting off and there is a leak coming out of the side of the valve.

Do you know how Kinetico's work as far as the float mechanism? Is the float just for safety purposes or does it some how help change the valve in the head (senses back pressure when the float is in the up position)?

When I removed the line going to the brine tank, water was still coming out. I'm guessing the head is stuck in the fill position and the float did not stop the water from overflowing.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kineticos have a constant fill even in the service position. The float is what stops the refill. Depending on the style, depends on whether you have a safety (2nd float) or not. Real old styles used Styrofoam floats with a ring magnet and a small magnet. Newer models use a cone float.

NavySuit

Reaction score
Kineticos have a constant fill even in the service position. The float is what stops the refill. Depending on the style, depends on whether you have a safety (2nd float) or not. Real old styles used Styrofoam floats with a ring magnet and a small magnet. Newer models use a cone float.

I thought that water softeners use the same tube as the brine pickup tube. Does it switch during regeneration?

I posted a picture of the float. When I lift up the float, it shuts off the water coming out of the bottom. It does not drop back down from gravity, however, like a normal float would. I haven't tried cleaning it yet. I posted a picture of the float. You can see where water shoots out the side when the float is in the up position.

NavySuit

Reaction score
Do you know where I can order Kinetico parts?

Does the head switch from fill to suction on the brine tube during regeneration?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will need to buy the parts from your local dealer or buy a similar float assembly and modify it to work on your Kinetico. When the valve advances to a brine draw, it now sucks the brine solution. Once it goes to backwash/rinse, it also starts the refill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks