Help to identfy shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

HelpMeChicago

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Google says this is a good place to possibly identify my leaky faucet problem. I moved into my condo in August and the faucet in the guest bathroom has a slight leak. It is a very slow drip. I am having trouble identifying the faucet to see how to fix it. The shower head appears to be "water ridge" the circle inside the tub says "Gerber" and the faucet/handle itself appear to have no logos other than a blue/red circle which appear to be used by a few manufactures. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4605.JPG
IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4604.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4602.JPG
    IMG_4602.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 185

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Peerless also looks similar

Shut off the water and open the valve, to relieve the pressure. If you remove the blue/red indicator there may be an allen screw/hex screw underneath. I use the point of a box cutter to pop out the little red/blue indicator. You need a proper size allen key/hex key or a allen wrench set to loosen the Allen screw. If you loosen the allen screw the handle should come off. You may be able to uncrew the chrome sleeve. The escutcheon plate can be removed by unscrewing the two phillips head screws. You should be able to figure out how to remove the cartridge once the handle is removed. Take up close infocus pictures of the cartridge etc. both ends and from the side. If you get to a place where you don't know what to do, take a picture and ask.

Allen wrench set

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks