HELP ! - The Ultimate Diverter Mystery - HELP!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bonefisher, Mar 28, 2008.

1. bonefisher

bonefisher New Member

OK... been to ever plumbing expert in town (Palm Springs) and no one seems to know who makes this and where to get a new one...

A slow... Drip... Drip... Drip....

Can someone PLEASE help me ID this thing and where to get a replacement....

Desperate in Cali....

Attached Files:

2. bonefisher

bonefisher New Member

Thanks - Still Looking!

Thanks for this.... I did send them an email to see if they know what it is...

Does ANYONE know what this is (who makes)????

Thanks to all..
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Sens a pic to Eric at Noels plumbing supply and they will e mail you back.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Well I took on the challenge and looked through every book and on-line resource i know of and all I've gotten is a case of bug eye...

The best I can say is it resembles a Harco stem sometimes it you pursue them like that you get results.

I do know of a machine shop that will make a stem to match a sample for a price. Probably fairly hefty! PM me if you want that info.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  5. Cass

Cass Plumber

I sent pics to noels and they don't have any idea what it is. Sorry but you may not be able to find it. It may be an import.
  6. bonefisher

bonefisher New Member

Mystery SOLVED!!!

Well.... the mystery has been solved...

The AMAZING folks at GUILLEN'S (10105 NW 88th Avenue, Medley, FL 33178
    305-226-7855 Fax 305-223-4420) identified it as a....

KOHLER 74392 DIVERTER CARTRIDGE ASSEMBLY!!!

And it is.... they sent me the part and it is an exact match....

Many thanks to all for taking the time... (Redwood... sorry for making your eyes tired)....
  7. Engineerly

Engineerly New Member

About Diverter Cartridge Assy 74392

BoneFisher,

I'm glad you found your part. I have probably that same diverter (new). However, mine will not stay pushed in. Did you ever have that problem and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks
    Ron
  8. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Thank you very much for updating us on your success! This was a poser. Kohler has made so much weird stuff over the years, some of us have never seen the half of it! Guillens is a good outfit. They have particulary good info on the Flushmate issues.