HELP - Shower Valve Mystery

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Gizmo's Revenge, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Gizmo's Revenge

Gizmo's Revenge New Member

First time "poster" having quite a time identifying the manufacturer and model of this shower valve, cartridge and controls. The wall valve on the left side reads ASSE 1016-T 119NO. The wall valve on the left side reads UPC B-125 and appears to have a "SA" logo. The shower knobs appear to have "GS" in the knob covers. Beyond this there are no other identifying marks. Would like to i.d. these components to determine what parts are available and if there are any retrofit parts that could be installed to allow for more modern controls. Thank you in advance for your replies.

IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1485.jpg IMG_1500.jpg IMG_1501.jpg IMG_1504.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The two hole plate implies that it is either Grohe or Hansgrohe, but your handles look like they are from the Grohe "Versa" design. If so, there are innumerable trim kits from Grohe which will fit it, since the valve body is common to several models.
  3. Gizmo's Revenge

Grohe's North America sales rep. indicated not made by Grohe. Will now follow up with Hansgrohe. I see what you mean about the two hole plate, in looking at Grohe products that appears unique to their line as does the two handle system or at least more common based on what I've seen online.

How hard would it be to remove the existing valve body, would that require tile removal and replace? Or is there enough room/space to work with as it is right now. Considering just swapping out the valve system. I see your in Arizona, as I am, might be worth getting a quote.
  4. hj

Almost impossible to replace it without removing tiles. I will take the pictures to my "weird faucet guru" and see what he says.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

6. hj

Apparently, it was GS North America brand, exclusive to The Great Indoors, which is defunct. The manufacturer might have be La Cosconna, but they may also be gone The openings on the Danze are too widely spaced.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  7. Gizmo's Revenge

Many thanks Terry & HJ
  8. Gizmo's Revenge

Thank you Terry :)
  9. khinanight

khinanight New Member

Trim identification

It is definitely not Grohe or Hansgrohe. They do not make the trim in that finish...at least for the last 15 years.