Help-Sewage ejector pump cycling every 20 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

kcastang

Reaction score
I have a sewage ejector pump installed in the basement bathroom that receives water from the sink, shower, and toilet. It just started to cycle about every 20 minutes. No one is using the bathroom at this moment,but it is used nightly by one of the kids, shower etc. ( I am here at the house alone), matter of fact the water main is off currently because of a main line leak that is to be repaired-so there is no water being run at all. I cut the water on to the house and ran water in the sink in the basement to see if I could activate it--it did. I cut the main back off-it cycles every 20 minutes again. We have a had a large amount of rain today and a really wet September-so our ground has been wet-don't know if that would be a factor. I need a point in the right direction as to what may be causing this--should I unplug the pump and not use the bathroom until I find out what the problem is? I dont want it to burn out if that is possible.
Thanks in Advance,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks