Help! Replacing bath tub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Tominct81464, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Tominct81464

Tominct81464 New Member

Hi,

I have replaced an old tub with a new one, but it didn't fit perfectly in the surround, something not square, I read the instructions b/c I was concerned about where the wall would sit....the directions said
    To place fur strips on the beams....so I did, but. Know that the tub wall will extend out 1/4 inch more than the regular drywall!? What to do???
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You have a basic framing problem, but without actually seeing it there is no way to answer your question. Furring strips are usually NOT the solution if you have to match to an existing surface, however.
  3. dj2

dj2 Member

Can you up load photos?
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Almost anytime you remodel you have to compensate for out-of-square and/or non level surfaces. There are no pat answers that will solve every problem you encounter, you have to be creative.