Help replacement shower diverter is to short.

Users who are viewing this thread

4brunos

Reaction score
Hello, I have the same problem as Donna posted below. I replaced the push button diverter with delta RP5649. However it is shorter than my original diverter so it cant be used correctly. Also the cover cannot be put back on. Any ideas on what to do? Sincerely, Ellen

: : I have a separate shower diverter rod that comes out of the tiled wall between my fawcets. When you press it in to divert the water to the shower, the water streams out the center of it. I can no longer fill the tub. HELP!!
: Donna,
: It sounds like you have a delta faucet with the push button diverter in the center. You should replace the diverter there is a seal inside in the shaft of the diverter that will wear. If you replace the diverter I think that will solve your problem. I will put a lonk to the parts breakdown of that faucet and you can see if this is what you have.

: Good luck,
: Scott

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks