Help replacement shower diverter is to short.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by 4brunos, Oct 9, 2007.

1. 4brunos

4brunos New Member

Hello, I have the same problem as Donna posted below. I replaced the push button diverter with delta RP5649. However it is shorter than my original diverter so it cant be used correctly. Also the cover cannot be put back on. Any ideas on what to do? Sincerely, Ellen

: : I have a separate shower diverter rod that comes out of the tiled wall between my fawcets. When you press it in to divert the water to the shower, the water streams out the center of it. I can no longer fill the tub. HELP!!
    : Donna,
    : It sounds like you have a delta faucet with the push button diverter in the center. You should replace the diverter there is a seal inside in the shaft of the diverter that will wear. If you replace the diverter I think that will solve your problem. I will put a lonk to the parts breakdown of that faucet and you can see if this is what you have.

: Good luck,
    : Scott