HELP: Pump for artesian well & RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Daggett

Reaction score
I have a property with an artesian well that currently is flowing (and overflowing) an old bathtub. I just got a travel trailer for the property and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get water to the trailer. There isn't enough pressure from the well to flow up to the trailer.

Someone told me to use a transfer pump or submersible pump to get water to the trailer. The problem is the pump would be running when no flow is happening in the trailer. Wouldn't that burn up the pump?

I'm only needing water to wash dishes and flush the toilet. What is the best way to get water the 50' to the trailer at sufficient pressure to flow in the sink and toilet?

I'm only going to stay there 10-15 days per year and want to do this as cheaply as possible.

Any advice you can offer is GREATLY appreciated.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
The right kind of pump should work.
One were the pump shuts off when there is "x" amount of pressure sensed on the output side.

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
I'm only going to stay there 10-15 days per year and want to do this as cheaply as possible.
Put a tee in the well pipe. Put a check valve in the pipe to the old bath tub or cap off the pipe to the old bath tub.. Put a bushing (if necessary ) in the side port of the tee and reduce it down to 1/2". Screw in a threaded hose bib in the side port. Purchase a Harbor Freight shallow well pump.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shallow-Well-Electric-Garden-Pump-w-Booster-System-and-Tank-1-6HP-1-1-2-0-SHIP/171439970242?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=66cac3ad0b1f4883a007b55bacbfbca4&pid=100338&rk=3&rkt=12&mehot=ag&sd=331370804916
Adapt the input of pump so you can install another hose bib. Connect the two with a 50 garden hose and a clothes washer drain hose (because it has two female ends). Pipe out of the pump discharge to where you want it to go.
This way you can take the pump with you when you leave.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
One of those little 12 volt RV pumps like in your travel trailer would probably be all you need. You could attach it at the well and push the 50', and it will turn itself on and off as needed.

Or just a little transfer pump so you could transfer water from the bathtub to the holding tank in the RV. They even make those that will run on a drill. But the little 110 volt ones would be easier if you have the power.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks