Help programming my Fleck5600SXT 40000 grains capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Fill the tank up, ignore for 6 months. A high quality softener rarely needs repair. My own system has a slightly larger brine tank and I fill it once a year. No need to try to get fancy with it, a softener should be one of those items in your house that you can ignore for extended lengths of time.

Reach4

Reaction score
Fill the tank up, ignore for 6 months. A high quality softener rarely needs repair. My own system has a slightly larger brine tank and I fill it once a year.
I presume that recommendation would be for after kingrocks knows the old softener is working.

I infer that you think the fear of a salt bridge is generally way overblown.

kingrocks

Reaction score
I am seeing RC flashing on the screen now when I went back home? I thought I set it to 210. But why is this asking again? Is that an error?

Bannerman

Reaction score
During regeneration, the display will flash the regeneration step being completed at that time. Perhaps the flashing 'RC' signifies when reserve capacity is being utilized. The 5600 SXT Service Manual does not mention the 'RC' flashing for any reason.

When 'RC' is flashing, is the 'Service' icon also flashing to indicate that regeneration has been queued to occur later?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Mine is regenerating every 2 days. Is that normal?
No. Is your display still indicating over 2000 the morning after a regeneration?

If so, it may be that you have the turbine, and you should set FM=t0.7. Maybe post that photo discussed in reply #5.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes, change it now, but then post the picture anyway for confirmation if you have any doubt.
img_1.png
From http://waterpurification.pentair.co...leck-2015-parts-list-no-prices-rev-b-au15.pdf

Attachments

• img_fleck5600sxt_flow.png
    img_fleck5600sxt_flow.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 10,391
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Sounds about right. While you had FM=P0.7, it was decrementing 6.65 times as fast as it should have.

kingrocks

Reaction score
So it won't regenerate every alternate day right? I was thinking something wrong with system when it was regenerating at this rate. So the salt usage was higher and the water usage when it was set to P0.7? My gallons usage slightly went high. Usually I will consume 2500 gallons in 15 days. But I have almost consumed 2500 gallons in last 10 days.

Reach4

Reaction score
So it won't regenerate every alternate day right?
Right. Your system should regen over a week from now. That number should decrease by about 210 each day if the forecast was right.

Do you remember what the FM setting was initially?
Usually I will consume 2500 gallons in 15 days. But I have almost consumed 2500 gallons in last 10 days.
I suspect you meant to say "in the last 2 days".

kingrocks

Reaction score
Right. Your system should regen over a week from now. That number should decrease by about 210 each day if the forecast was right.

Do you remember what the FM setting was initially?

I suspect you meant to say "in the last 2 days".
P0.7 was the FM value you have suggested initially. But I was wrong about paddle wheel.
I was talking about the water meter reading outside main supply.

Reach4

Reaction score
if I want to regenerate immediately what I need to do?
Press the extra cycle button for 5 seconds. It's on page 4 of your manual.

Why would you want to regenerate immediately? You just regenerated 4 times in the last 8 days, right???

kingrocks

Reaction score
I had a loose connection from turbine to sewer line.So water was going out when it was regenearting. I didn't notice that until last saturday. He came and fixed it. So I want to see if f there was a leak.
Press the extra cycle button for 5 seconds. It's on page 4 of your manual.

Why would you want to regenerate immediately? You just regenerated 4 times in the last 8 days, right???

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks