Help please with Galvanized to PVC connector

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pvjim, Nov 14, 2004.

1. pvjim

pvjim New Member

While replacing a bathroom faucet, I discovered that our galvanized drain pipe was leaking....taking it off to repair the leak brought a section of threads with it...Can I cut off the bad end and replace it with a PVC connector of some kind that will transition into the trap assembly? The galvanized section of pipe is about a foot long before it disappears into the wall so I have some room to play with. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jim

PS...I can email photos of the undersink area if that will help.