HELP PLEASE! What will I need to pull a pump from my well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Dan K, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Dan K

Dan K New Member

I need to pull the pump from my well because of a leak or faulty check valve. What will I need for this or is it best to leave for the Pro's?
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

It depends on how deep it is. How deep is it?
  3. Dan K

Dan K New Member

116 feet deep
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Is that where the pump is hanging or is that the well depth?

bob...
  5. Mr_Pike

Mr_Pike New Member

You need a way to lift it, and at least 2 large pipe wrenches, a pipe brake to keep it from sliding into the hole, at least 2 large sets of vice grips as safety catches, about 3 rolls of black tape, a knife, and a large wrench to slide the pitless guts away from the casing. The pipe sections are 20' tall. Hand lifting a 100+ footer is going to be very difficult at best.
  6. Dan K

Dan K New Member

Thanks for the info. I think I will call the well company.
  7. Cass

Cass Plumber

If it is black polly well pipe I have pulled them out by hand 135' deep.

It takes 2 guys.
  8. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

we have a local driller who will set poly pipe as deep as 500 feet. talk about a lot of work to pull this pump!