Help! No Water= Angry Wife & Daughter

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Happy Hillbilly, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Happy Hillbilly

Happy Hillbilly New Member

I Have a Submersible pump w/ external control box and of course a pressure switch. The pressure switch has a manual restart handle. The problem is: When I manually restart the system the pump will run for about 30 to 45 seconds and shuts off. This happens when the water is running and when it is not. The pressure switch won't let me restart for around a min. Then I can restart, but the same thing keeps happening. How can I fix this? The Pressure switch contacts are fine, shining like new money, so I don't think the problem is the contacts. Please help My Wife and teenage Daughter are VERY unhappy!
    Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.