Help! - New Dishwasher Styles

Users who are viewing this thread

JackScrap

Reaction score
Are there still any good dishwashers available that are *NOT* the "tall tub" design ?

As a person with disability I can't reach the bottom rack of the new tall tub designs since the door and rack are only about 4" off the floor. That's 10" lower than my old Kitchenaid where the inside of the door (which the rack rolls out on) is 14" above the floor.

I can't raise it up without ripping out the tile counters. The drawer-style dishwashers don't really solve the problem since they would have to be stacked on top of each other, so right back to the same problem with the bottom drawer. (I recently stayed in a house with a 2-drawer configuration and I had to sit down to open and close the loaded bottom drawer. Ugh.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You may not want to completely write off the drawers.

They do not have to be mounted top and bottom. You can mount a single drawer if you wish, and can place one on each side of the sink if you have the space.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks