Help needed with this unusual leaking sillcock

Users who are viewing this thread

shortstop

Reaction score
I have been unable to find out the model of this sillcock that is leaking from the bottom part that points straight down towards the ground. I am not sure what the part on the bottom is; I haven't been able to find anything else like it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2015-02-21 10.45.01.jpg
    2015-02-21 10.45.01.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 613

shortstop

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It looks this model has been discontinued and the parts are not available. Do I have any options other than replacing the whole thing?

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It looks this model has been discontinued and the parts are not available. Do I have any options other than replacing the whole thing?
What is your objective? Is it something other than having a good frostproof hose bib?
What is your situation. Is the inside plumbing connection not accessible?
What is your symptom. Is there water dibbling out of the little cap on the top when the faucet is turned on?
What part were you seeking?

shortstop

Reaction score
It leaks out the bottom of the drain assembly. I'd like to repair it or stop the leak without having to replace the whole thing.

Reach4

Reaction score
It leaks out the bottom of the drain assembly. I'd like to repair it or stop the leak without having to replace the whole thing.
I would start by trying to replace the washer. Unscrew the packing nuts and screw out the long stem. Take the washer to a plumbing place, and get a washer of the same size. If you need more, http://www.griggindustries.com/page515.html offers stem and anti-siphon parts, and/or you could call Arrowhead and ask about parts. They seem to have parts available, but it looks like the website is not going to let you identify the required. part.

Replacing a frost free faucet is not normally too bad if it is screwed into an accessible fitting on the inside that your helper can put a wrench on inside while you unscrew outside. You need to get the right length faucet.

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just a thought - the component of the sillcock you are describing is the self-draining mechanism. That model from Arrowhead is designed to drain itself even if the hose is left attached, i.e. water will drip out of that part for several seconds after the sillcock is turned off. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.

shortstop

Reaction score
Just a thought - the component of the sillcock you are describing is the self-draining mechanism. That model from Arrowhead is designed to drain itself even if the hose is left attached, i.e. water will drip out of that part for several seconds after the sillcock is turned off. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.
Mine leaks all the time, not just for a few seconds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks