Help Needed - Neptune Murano/Toto Aquia/Happy D/11" Rough in

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by MarkP, Jun 10, 2006.

1. MarkP

MarkP New Member

I was considering the AS Champion before I visited Terrys site (not any more...). I really like the look of the Murano toilet, however, I don't want to purchase a lemon, and I wondered if anyone know's how this toilet performs?

http://www.neptuneb.com/english/porcelaine/toilettes.html

My alternative's are the Toto Aquia/Happy D

If I go with the Aquia - I measured the wall to the bolts and I have exactly 11", is this going to be a problem?

Thanks for helping a beginner

Mark
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Based on your measurements, you will most likely need to purchase a 10" rough-in toilet. All the manufacturer's websites have detailed spec sheets. Many 12" will tolerate down towards 11 1/4 to 11 1/2 but if you have 11" exactly, you may not find a 12 which will work/
  3. MarkP

MarkP New Member

Thanks Jimbo - Follow up Q's

Much appreciated info - I am presuming I can't squeeze the Aquia in here as it only has 5/8 of an inch behind the tank on the spec sheet? How difficult is it to move the drain by an inch?

Does anyone else know about the performance of the Neptune Murano / Happy D - re flushability and quietness,

I am looking for a squarish style toilet (with a hidden trapway) at a resonable price - that is relativly quiet and does not need a second flush. If anyone else has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks