Help! Need to update 1992 gold Delta 600 shower trim to polished nickel or chrome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lauren Ashley

Reaction score
We have this ugly round brass shower handle with a plastic crystal big knob (see photo). and I want to change to the nicest possible trim in Polished nickel or chrome, WITHOUT busting through the tile. We have already changed out the shower head to a Kohler chrome " Flipside" so we really have a mismatched set right now with this circa 1992 bright gold handle! I assume I have to have a Delta trim kit, but which models will fit? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• deltashowerhandle2.jpg
    deltashowerhandle2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4,250

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is the old style Delta trim found in many hardware stores.
I don't think you can get the Delta brand parts, just the after market stuff. Chrome, but not brushed nickel.

delta_danco_trim.jpg

Danco shower trim for the Delta 600 series

Danco tub/shower rebuild kits include all of the parts needed to restore your faucet. Give your faucet a face lift and replace all the internal parts to restore your faucet to like new condition.

Fits delta single handle shower valve
For delta series 600 with or without diverter
Includes escutcheon, cap assy, sleeve, handle, button, screws
Chrome finish
Rough-in valve not included, sold separately
MFG Brand Name : DANCO
MFG Model # : 89398
MFG Part # : 10021843

delta_danco_bn.jpg
Brushed Nickel
Model # 10004

Give your shower a new look by installing an updated trim kit. Replacement is easy and only requires a screwdriver. Offering two handle options, you can choose which style works best for your bath. Kit replaces Delta 600 series with and without diverter in brushed nickel (#70 or #212 Ball) and Delta Monitor 14 series (without volume control) with and without diverter in brushed nickel.
Includes faceplate, 2 handle options, screws, adapters and Allen wrench
Metal handle style only works with valves without diverters
Easy to install

http://www.danco.com/

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had a somewhat similar problem awhile back, and the best solution I could come up with was a completely new control. This one has the anti-scald feature and is very nice.

Lauren Ashley

Reaction score
Thanks so much, I like the second one, and it sounds easy to do. I will buy 2 of them for 2 of our baths. Appreciate the photos!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
delta_600_01.jpg

I use a torch to heat the end cap before trying to unthread it. It doesn't need much. All you are doing is making it a little larger so it spins off easier.

delta_600_02.jpg

delta_600_03.jpg

New seals

delta_600_04.jpg

delta_rp54870_finished.jpg

delta_rp54870.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
rp54870-01.jpg

With the new parts.
I didn't have much luck with heating the bonnet, but tapping it with pliers loosened things up. If you use too much muscle, you can bend the three copper tubes between the body and the valving portion.

rp54870-02.jpg

With the new parts in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks