Help! Need to update 1992 gold Delta 600 shower trim to polished nickel or chrome!!

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Lauren Ashley, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Lauren Ashley

Lauren Ashley New Member

We have this ugly round brass shower handle with a plastic crystal big knob (see photo). and I want to change to the nicest possible trim in Polished nickel or chrome, WITHOUT busting through the tile. We have already changed out the shower head to a Kohler chrome " Flipside" so we really have a mismatched set right now with this circa 1992 bright gold handle! I assume I have to have a Delta trim kit, but which models will fit? Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That is the old style Delta trim found in many hardware stores.
    I don't think you can get the Delta brand parts, just the after market stuff. Chrome, but not brushed nickel.

delta_danco_trim.jpg

Danco shower trim for the Delta 600 series

Danco tub/shower rebuild kits include all of the parts needed to restore your faucet. Give your faucet a face lift and replace all the internal parts to restore your faucet to like new condition.

Fits delta single handle shower valve
    For delta series 600 with or without diverter
    Includes escutcheon, cap assy, sleeve, handle, button, screws
    Chrome finish
    Rough-in valve not included, sold separately
    MFG Brand Name : DANCO
    MFG Model # : 89398
    MFG Part # : 10021843

delta_danco_bn.jpg
    Brushed Nickel
    Model # 10004

Give your shower a new look by installing an updated trim kit. Replacement is easy and only requires a screwdriver. Offering two handle options, you can choose which style works best for your bath. Kit replaces Delta 600 series with and without diverter in brushed nickel (#70 or #212 Ball) and Delta Monitor 14 series (without volume control) with and without diverter in brushed nickel.
    Includes faceplate, 2 handle options, screws, adapters and Allen wrench
    Metal handle style only works with valves without diverters
    Easy to install

http://www.danco.com/
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I had a somewhat similar problem awhile back, and the best solution I could come up with was a completely new control. This one has the anti-scald feature and is very nice.
  4. Lauren Ashley

Lauren Ashley New Member

Thanks so much, I like the second one, and it sounds easy to do. I will buy 2 of them for 2 of our baths. Appreciate the photos!
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I just dumped two new Delta 600 chrome plates in my scrap barrel yesterday as part of a cleanup operation.
  6. Lauren Ashley

Lauren Ashley New Member

Are they gone? Cause if they're new andwould fit- I'd pay for them...
  7. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

I would go with the Danco option.They also have chrome.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

I use a torch to heat the end cap before trying to unthread it. It doesn't need much. All you are doing is making it a little larger so it spins off easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New seals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013